Friday, June 12, 2009

Planet 10.

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.

Deceptisean and another friend had recommended this movie to me years ago, when it was first released on dvd. Back then I hadn’t really known about it, only that Peter Weller was in it and that’s about it. So I bought it just like that and watched it. I loved it! But as good as the movie was, the end credits were even better.

I can say without hesitation that BB has the best end credits ever! Years later, The Life Aquatic (starring Bill Murray) actually used those credits for their ending.

Since it’s released it has become a cult classic with a lot of references on the net and a lot of fan sites (it’s not Blade Runner, but it’s up there, in terms of fan fiction and info). Anyway it’s worth seeing this movie and you should definitely buy it.

In fact, I may be holding a Buckaroo Banzai day to commemorate it’s 25 year anniversary on August 15th (my birthday is the 18th, so it all works out!)
Where ever you go, there you are.


5/5

---J-KraKen--[>

No comments:

Post a Comment