Monday, October 5, 2009

Dark Knight.


The Dark Knight Returns.

No not part 3 of the Chris Nolan franchise – he seems to not wanna do one cause TDK sucked large at the box office. It was so poorly received that I am ashamed to even write about it. Not only that, but the word of mouth / reviews were horrid too. Everyone seems to hate that film and thinks that all involved are just bunch of asswipes. Most also agree that the Joker was just horrible, and poorly acted.

Too bad…cause if the movie did better we may have gotten another one. But I have wasted enough time on this subject…ill move to THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS.

This is the Frank Miller book that really pumped up comics and was the catalyst for the darker Batman movies starting with Timmy’s Batman in 1989 (one of my all-time best films, both superhero and otherwise).

The plot – Batman is retired, Superman is forced to work for the Government and Joker is sane…well he’s basically just a vegetable…until crime goes up and Batman has to come out of retirement. That brings Joker back, a new Robin (Carrie Kelley – A GIRL!) and a new Commissioner who hates Batman. Batman has to TCB (take care o business) but he’s a bit rusty…that doesn’t mean he cant kick your cheap ass though! And he certainly does a lot of it!

This is an amazing series. I’m sure all reading this have heard of it (they named the movie after it – and it has a bat-tank too), but sometimes things are over-hyped…well this isn’t! It’s truly a great work from Frank Miller (see 300, Sin City etc.). I really enjoyed the read and I think it’s one of the best graphic novels I have ever read!

I would definitely tell everyone to get it and I may even get the Absolute edition.

It’s up there with Watchmen!

5/5

J-Man







No comments:

Post a Comment