Thursday, October 29, 2009

Poster Art


I’m a big fan of movie posters. I currently own over 100. Not much by collector standards, but when I also collect action figures and dvds (currently 2250 dvds – real ones, not burned copies), I think I’m doing pretty good with posters.

In any case a few months ago I found this site that showcases high quality images of movie posters. Mostly horror, Sci-fi, and anything odd. They are all high quality poster prints that can be downloaded for free and you can have them printed out and framed even. I found ghosttown on there (both the theatrical and video poster – video is the above one). Ghosttown is my favorite movie poster and this place had a high quality download of it without any print. Just the artwork! This was such a great find for me that I just had to post it.

Check the site out when you can.


J-Man

1 comment:

  1. Awesome.

    On a related note, I've always liked all those movie posters that were illustrated, particularly because the likenesses were quite accurate. You've probably seen them here and there from the 70's to even today, live action or animation, from Star Wars to The Muppets to Harry Potter...all done by the same guy: Drew Struzan.

    The guy totally ROCKS with his art, and has a lot of work to keep his skills sharp. He goes far beyond just making movie posters; he's done covers for comic books and novels, print ads, promos, you name it.

    You can see a lot of his art on his site, www.DrewStruzan.com. You'll even be able to see some of the works that he's never released! I know you're a fan of movie posters, so you shouldn't pass this up!

    ReplyDelete