Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Forever and ever, Amin.

The Last King of Scotland.

You only need to see 10 mins of Forest Whitaker’s performance in this to understand why he won best actor.

This isn’t a bio pic or anything, its from the perspective of a fictional character that was Idi Amin’s personal physician.

Forest’s performance is scary. He looks nice and talks nice but it always feels like he is going to snap at any moment. I mean I was scared for the main character, and I know I wouldn’t be stupid enough to get into his situation!

Anyway, this movie is really well made, award winning acting, amazing scenery and good plotting. There isn’t much of a story, mostly slice of life stuff. My only negative is that I wanted to see more of Amin’s life, but then again we got what we needed I guess.

This is a must see, not sure if I would buy it on dvd, but I would definitely consider it.

4/5

J-Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment