Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Good Book.

Book Of Eli.

A bunch of wars happened everything got destroyed and now Denzel Washington has been heading West on foot for 30 years.

He carries a book with him – which book – watch the trailer and figure it out – but it’s not about what book (the movie gives it away early on) its about the journey. Why is he taking this journey? I wont tell you. I wont tell you what happens on this journey either.

I will tell you to see this awesome movie. A lot of great points about life, humanity, and religion (hint) are thrown into this little Mad Max style movie. Denzel is wicked as usual – I have never seen a bad performance from him, and he plays well as this lone drifter (see Clint Eastwood’s the Man with No Name series).

I don’t know what to say other than this movie was wicked. I love “private war” movies, or movies with guys on missions (like Escape from NY and Phantasm 2). I also love post-apocalyptic films too (see my earlier reviews for more on those).

The ending has a bit of twist, if you wanna call it that, but it actually makes you think a bit and I liked it. I loved everything in this film. Gary Oldman is wicked as usual, and there is a good cameo in the end. Milla Kunis was good too. They didn’t use her for her sex appeal – she was just a character and good one I thought.

See it and then buy it on bluray.

5/5

J-Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment