Sunday, January 10, 2010

Top 10 of 2009


2009 - the year in film. Well, we had the usual...

Remakes...sequels...adaptations...and hell, occasionally someone decided to do some original movies. You don't find too many of those these days, and the year 2010 looks like the year of the 3D movie (I love how everyone is going gaga over 3D, when it's a technology that's been around since Creature from the Black Lagoon...and no, not the remake!), so the tone next year might be a little grimmer, and far more profane. Anyhow, all things considering, this wasn't a horrible year for movies, we got some good ones...like the one's I'll give below.

Now, I'm not really going to go into why a movie made the top 10 list...I mean, to me, it's pretty self-explanatory. I really, really, really liked the movie. Most of the movies I've reviewed somewhere in some form or another, so there's not really a lot more to say. I saw over 40 movies this year (and I count DVD and downloaded movies on my list, starting this year), and like most years, a few that were awesome, a few that were really good, some that were passable/mediocre, a few that were bad, and one in particular (The Hangover) that was gawd-awful. Like I said, like every other year. I'm sure next year will be the same.

Top 10 of 2009
1. Watchmen
2. Terminator: Salvation
3. District 9
4. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
5. Inglorious Basterds
6. Knowing
7. The Box
8. Saw VI
9. Bruno
10. The Hurt Locker

Well, that's a wrap on 2009. See you again, next year!

I bid thee a fond 2010.

- Stephenstein

No comments:

Post a Comment