Wednesday, June 2, 2010

As smart as Sherlock and a real person!


Sherlock Jr.

Buster Keaton is a genius. He invented the split screen shot and judging by this film, he invented a whole lot more. This film is 45 mins long and uses EVERY SINGLE FILM TECHNIQUE I can think of (and some I cant) that was available at the time.

Buster Keaton, acts, writes, performs the stunts, invents the film techniques and is really funny too! This man is not possible! I was screaming like Luke Skywalker did when he found out his dad was Darth Vader (that better not be considered a “spoiler”) “IT’S NOT POSSIBLE!!!!!

I cannot convince you enough that this man is a film genius and there is literally NO ONE that can even touch him – maybe Chaplin, but that’s about it! Film had only been around for 10 years or so when this movie was made, and my god, to think this man invented all this while film was still young. It would be like seeing Avatar cgi in Casablanca for example. I mean he was so far ahead it’s not unreal!

You have to see this film. I will bring it over to your house and we can watch it. I dare you to figure out how some of the shots were done! Even by today’s standards of film making I had trouble deciphering how he did it!

Plus, the movie is actually good too! This isn’t a “effects” picture. It’s really enjoyable. Think District B13 – no effects, just smart talented film makers making a great movie.

Hail to Buster Keaton. The one true genius of film!

5/5

J-Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment