Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Who is ...

Salt.

Well, it’s Angelina Jolie. Who she is, is definitely important, but what she does is even more so.

The premise is that Salt is accused of being a Russian spy, and she is on the run from the CIA, FBI and any other government agency you can think of.

The chase is amazing and the action sequences (which you can see for once, although are a bit shaky – see Stephenstein’s review) are really breath taking! Especially the chase on the highway where Jolie jumps from one truck to the next and in some cases looks pretty realistic (I heard she did a lot of her own stunts!).

Salt doesn’t do much talking, which I like, you have to just observe what she does and figure it out on your own, which I did – for the most part.

There are about 3 twists in this movie. One I guessed before the movie started, one I figured out during the movie and one that was pretty shocking! Well not so much shocking, but really cool considering the sad state of films today. This movie has a lot of guts to do what it does, and it does it really well.

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it and it’s the best action movie of the year (Losers and A-Team are up there though! – actually go see all 3 of these!)

4.5/5

J-Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment