Saturday, June 18, 2011

Confusion and strangeness.


Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Ok, so I finally saw this movie. All involved are great filmmakers, and actors. So one would think that this leads to an exceptional film, well it kind of does.

This movie is impervious to ratings. It’s either a zero or 5/5. I haven’t decided yet and I don’t think I will ever decide.

There are many good parts – some really funny moments too. Then there are moments of such confusion – and not only confusion, but nothingness. I guess if you are high (something I have never been, or will be) you will love this movie to infinity and beyond. But I was just kind of bored, entertained and perplexed all at the same time.

The plot – Depp and Del Toro go to Las Vegas and are on drugs the entire time.

Depending on what drug they are on, the world appears different. At one point, the best point in the film, is when Depp sees everyone as giant lizard monsters! That’s cool! But then there are times where they are making statements on life and you’re kind of like WTF?

Anyway, I guess you should see this movie if nothing more than to be confused like the rest of us.

?/5

J-Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment