Wednesday, January 11, 2012


Hugo.


“If you ever wonder where your dreams come from, look around: this is where they're made.”
 - Georges Melies


I didn’t know too much about this film when I saw it, and I am glad for it, because I was amazed at how great this was.


I knew it would be good and thought it would be great, but I didn’t know that would love it as much as I did. This was one of the best films of the year – easy, and it will live on to be considered a classic. I am not going to tell you the story, but if you have any passion for art, writing, film etc, you will definitely love this film.


If you are a film guy like me, and know about the origins of film, and know who Douglas Fairbanks, and Buster Keaton are, then you will LOVE this movie with all your heart. This is a tribute to artists, to film and to the audience who is watching it.


If you want to know what I think about movies then go watch this. Films are not just entertainment; they are gateways to dreams and allow your imagination to take form. Through them you can learn about yourself and humanity. I love writing and painting and music and theatre, but film combines them all in one grant art form that will hopefully live on to inspire others.


It’s a must own for ANY film collection. I hope it wins best picture.


5/5 – The highest 5 I can give!


J-Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment