Sunday, June 17, 2012

Random Song of the Week -- John Mayer -- Walt Grace's Submarine Test, January 1967




John Mayer's new CD Born and Raised came out a couple weeks ago and my wife plays it excessively in her car. Most of the songs are about how he's making up for his douchy ways and how he's a new man, etc, etc. As nauseating as all of that self-congratulatory “look at me, I’m a new man” crap is, there is one song on the CD that's really cute and tells a simple story of a man who builds his own submarine, despite the disapproval of his family and friends who think he's crazy, and travels to Japan to prove them wrong. I really liked this song. And yes, I'm well aware of the fact that the bridge sounds like the chorus of the Jonas Bros.' Lovebug, but since the Jonas Bros. are no strangers to being accused of ripping off other peoples' tunes, I have no sympathy for them. This song is better anyway.



-Deceptisean

No comments:

Post a Comment